[Mgs] Ignition light glowing

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Ignition light glowing
From: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 08:38:25 -0400
Hello list. I have a 66 MGB that hasn't been driven much this year. Took it
out yesterday on a very nice Smoky Mountain day. I have two issues that
require advice. The needle valves on both carb float bowls stick
occasionally. Is there a proper way to clean or lubricate them to prevent
sticking?

Secondly, when I took her out this AM the ignition light remains at a
constant glow while the engine is running and the ammeter (non-stock) is
registering discharge (Minus 15V). I took a quick look for loose wires or
connections, but nothing obvious. Where do I start to track down the fault?

Thanks in advance.

Bill Snyder, Waynesville, NC