Re: [Mgs] The End of Car Culture

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>,Don <don@napanet.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] The End of Car Culture
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> >
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:40:23 -0400
It is an early Austin Healey.  Just look at the dash shape, drop down
windscreen and you can see the holders in front on  the trim
line.  Wings look slightly off but maybe just the camera
angle.  Engine probably the original.  Also the trim around the
cockpit was a nice AH touch.  Poor car has probably been butchered.

At 05:28 AM 25/10/2013 -0700, Dan DiBiase wrote:
>BTW, trying to figure out what car that is in the foreground, with the cut-out
>bonnet. Kinda looks like an Austin-Healey, but looks like
>it might have a V8
>with twin carbs, and the shifter is certainly not stock spec. Almost looks
>like it might be customized as well, as the
>cut-line behind the fenders
>suggest a front-hinged tilt front-end.
>
>I do love the pic, as the
>representation of a great time in American car culture.... Too bad I was only
>1 at the time ;-)
>
>Dan D
>'76B
>'65B
>Central NJ USA
>________________________________

Regards,
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
MGB GT V8 in concours condition
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII under restoration
www.AMFClub.com
www.britcot.com
www.vectisgroup.ca
barrie@look.ca