[Mgs] Clutch problems.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Clutch problems.
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:56:42 -0700
Have a rubber bumper B with clutch problems.  Hydraulics seem fine,
pedal feels okay, not
great, the slave moves the lever enough that it should work.  But with
the engine running
when you push in the clutch pedal there is an odd sort of grumbling
noise from the clutch,
and it is obviously not working.

One possibilty I thought of after I left my friend's shop was involves
the throwout bearing.
I didn't install this clutch, so I don't know if the retaining clips
that hold the bearing to
the fork were new, used or properly installed.  Have any of you had one
of these clips
fail, allowing the bearing to fall out of the yoke?  I'm wondering if
that is a possibility.

Another possibility is the person who did the job put the disk in
backwards.  But whatever
the problem, the gearbox has to be pulled.  I might get a bit dirty down
at Bailey's tomorrow.

mjb.