Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 78, Issue 16

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 78, Issue 16
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 01:18:50 -0600
References: <mailman.1.1384887601.19653.mgs@autox.team.net> s=q20121106; t=1384931936; bh=u9L+tZLhZEbgFZ42Qg7h0grBYsCQvwgdffzMgMzWiAM=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:Date:From:MIME-Version:To:Subject: Content-Type; b=ZLZVumB0MxkAuIKGXipDXElqJiv/d8wVBovsqblo5/lucJNuZxyVe5+KOiuplopRY Ex/VcLfNBbpPTd4DMgL80uuwLPCxs7XJe8MGQRNSuLvx2TLfcshIkS6NfOtbHYiWUz f4kplZCEASXgRudR6V+9w4IxYpbJRh94mBeXpnIVu/anAD/W6SpogetqgjhrgCRxCC DQkQB9GR2QJgb/OvRXVSKEmParfrqa4gqKf+PvBHBl8D2IBW/nnbyE8Rj3eCP2hj5g vdRXI6g1QA84YPJW3UJHhJeYT97+cuMGJ9jtz2dvMyTvl364oIMKrUhWBgnKiDrMvg ab4vLkP312CKQ==
I concur with Barney on the half inch movement, though I could whittle
it down to 15/32". If youget that much movement and no engagement, I'd
say pull it. _Any _grinding noise, I'd say pullit. If you have a
gooseneck probecamera you can get in there to see what's going on
through the fork boot. If not, figure on an afternoon filled with ale
and clutches. God knows, new parts never fail, do they? I've seen new
carbon TO bearings crackbecause the backing steel was improperly machined.