Re: [Mgs] Alternate alternator for 71 MGB?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Alternate alternator for 71 MGB?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:40:04 -0800
I am using a Bosch or Delco/Remy alternator sourced from a Ford Fiesta. I
believe this is a fairly common substitution. Uses the same block bracket
and belt, but I had to fab a new slotted adjuster bracket to get enough
range of adjustment (I suppose a shorter belt would have had the same
effect, but then I'd have had to remember THAT application). I was
converting from a generator, so YMMV.

1980 FORD FIESTA 1.6L 1598cc 98cid L4 2BBL OHV
REMY 13107
$43.99 + $5 core charge (in 2011)

--

Max Heim