Re: [Mgs] Brake Caliper Problem-Thanks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Brake Caliper Problem-Thanks
From: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:26:41 -0500
I am a little late to this post but it is my understanding that the
slight "wobble" on disc brake rotors is what knocks the pads back from
the rotor and that if you can rotate a hub by hand you are good to go.
Drum brakes rely on springs to move the shoes back away from the drum,
disc brakes don't have them.  Some of the better pads are ground at an
angle on the leading edge to make this easier to accomplish, actually
they are ground on the leading and trailing edge so it won't matter
which side they are installed.  I agree with David, go drive it around
the neighborhood for a while.  I have seen both calipers lock on the
drum if the one way valve in the master sticks closed, in that case
usually letting a little fluid bleed off will release the pads.  It
seems to happen more often if you vacuum bleed the system but not sure why.