Re: [Mgs] DPO butchering of Alternator replacement?

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] DPO butchering of Alternator replacement?
From: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:33:14 -0700
A little more on this. I see 3 brown/yellow wires:
1. Connecting to the small pin (of the group of 3) on the alternator.
2. Attached to the old 3-pin connector (which is hanging loose, so not
connected to anything)
3. Hanging loose.

I assume that the two brown yellow wires that are not connected to
anything are the loop described in the conversion instructions.
Furthermore, after consulting the wiring diagram, I assume that the
medium brown wire is the one that connects to the solenoid (along with
the thick brown wire). So, perhaps this could be dangerous: if the
thick brown wire became broken or disconnected, all the current out of
the alternator would flow through a wire which is not capable of
carrying the current without overheating.

Simon