Re: [Mgs] Door pull cable attachment on MGA

To: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>,MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Door pull cable attachment on MGA
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com> mail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:17:13 -0500
Your Bowden type replacement jacketed cable is as original.  It was
originally attached to the latch assembly with a shoulder
rivet.  Procedure to replace is to pry open the square P-clip, R&R
the cable and squeeze the P-clip closed agian.  Since your latch is
missing the shoulder rivet, you can assemble it with a #10 screw and
self-locking nut, like this:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/body/pics/door_latch1.jpg