Re: [Mgs] Map light ...

To: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>, mgs@autox.team.net, MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Map light ...
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 06:58:24 -0600
--===============1811492496731815253==
 boundary="------------020500030007000905040000"

--------------020500030007000905040000

It would help if you told us which MG and what model year.

CR
On 2/23/2015 3:03 AM, PaulHunt73 via Mgs wrote:
> ... at the far end of the dash on early cars.
> Most sources indicate that this is the same as the number plate light,
> minus the curved plinth that the number plate light needs.
> However that has quite a large bulb holder with a rubber cover that
> would need to protrude through the dash, whereas the dash on a pal's
> car bought as an abandoned restoration only has a relatively small
> hole in that position, so small that not even the metal part of a bulb
> will go through, let alone the bulb holder.
> So anyone with that map light, I'd be grateful if you could feel
> behind the dash and tell me if there is a bulb holder sticking
> through, or only a wire, or if you can shed any other light on this
> conundrum.
> Thanks.

--------------020500030007000905040000

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    It would help if you told us which MG and what model year.<br>
    CR<br>
      Mgs wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
cars.</font></div>
          the number plate light, minus the curved plinth that the
          number plate light needs.</font></div>
          with a rubber cover that would need to protrude through the
          dash, whereas the dash on a pal's car bought as an abandoned
          restoration only has a relatively small hole in that position,
          so small that not even the metal part of a bulb will go
          through, let alone the bulb holder.</font></div>
          if you could feel behind the dash and tell me if there is a
          bulb holder sticking through, or only a wire, or if you can
          shed any other light on this conundrum.</font></div>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/ccrobins@ktc.com";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/ccrobins@ktc.com</a>
</pre>

--------------020500030007000905040000--