Re: [Mgs] First drive of the year

To: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>, Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] First drive of the year
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 11:43:12 -0500
--===============5621984093252505200==
 boundary="------------050201070500070908030100"

--------------050201070500070908030100

We took our first drive on 2nd April.  Drove N to the Willow City loop,
a ranch road famed for it wildflowers (mainly Bluebonnets & Indian
Paintbrush) in a good year.  It was the only sunny day of the week.  The
next sunny day here in the TX hill country was yesterday; solid overcast
again today.  We've had lots of threatening fronts & cloud formation but
not much net rain.

I have a solid state battery tender that was a gift some years ago. It
puts out a max of 5A.  It has indicator leds that tell you what it's
doing.  I found out that I have to monitor it often.  If something
interrupts its cycle it quits charging and blinks a LED. That's happened
now and then.  Fortunately the B is kept in my attached garage/hobby
shop so I'm in there almost daily.

CR

On 4/16/2015 8:52 AM, PaulHunt73 via Mgs wrote:
> Conditioning chargers i.e. the ones designed to be connected long-term
> (not the old-fashioned trickle chargers) are usually intelligent and
> apply a charge that is relevant to the batteries needs.  If this is
> what you have then the battery probably is dead.  Some leave them on
> winter and summer, but they can get 'addicted' and the first night
> away from home and the charger could fail the next morning. Unless you
> have a drain, and that includes sophisticated alarm systems, an MGB
> battery should be fine for a couple of months or more without being
> used or charged.
> PaulH.

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    We took our first drive on 2nd April.  Drove N to the Willow City
    loop, a ranch road famed for it wildflowers (mainly Bluebonnets
    &amp; Indian Paintbrush) in a good year.  It was the only sunny day
    of the week.  The next sunny day here in the TX hill country was
    yesterday; solid overcast again today.  We've had lots of
    threatening fronts &amp; cloud formation but not much net rain.<br>
    I have a solid state battery tender that was a gift some years ago.
    It puts out a max of 5A.  It has indicator leds that tell you what
    it's doing.  I found out that I have to monitor it often.  If
    something interrupts its cycle it quits charging and blinks a LED.
    That's happened now and then.  Fortunately the B is kept in my
    attached garage/hobby shop so I'm in there almost daily.  <br>
    CR<br>
      Mgs wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
          to be connected long-term (not the old-fashioned trickle
          chargers) are usually intelligent and apply a charge that is
          relevant to the batteries needs.  If this is what you have
          then the battery probably is dead.  Some leave them on winter
          and summer, but they can get 'addicted' and the first night
          away from home and the charger could fail the next morning.
          Unless you have a drain, and that includes sophisticated alarm
          systems, an MGB battery should be fine for a couple of months
          or more without being used or charged.</font></div>
        5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
          Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;
          COLOR: #000; FONT-SIZE: 13px">
              id="yui_3_16_0_1_1429182182048_6663">I do, but it's a
              battery tender, not a real 'charger'..... But for some
              reason it did not work over the winter. But I have a
              feeling the battery is dead, as it didn't</span></div>
              id="yui_3_16_0_1_1429182182048_6663">really recharge,
              apparently, after my short ride last week.... Although it
              was almost 2 weeks ago now, so we'll see....</span></div>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/ccrobins@ktc.com";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/ccrobins@ktc.com</a>
</pre>

--------------050201070500070908030100--