Re: [Mgs] MGA front suspension interrogatory

To: "'Eric J Russell'" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA front suspension interrogatory
From: Clayton Kirkwood via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 18:46:19 -0700

Dude, 43? I'm thinking 41. I'm not talking about any studs here:<))
Sorry, I am in the KK's, I have a 1600 mkII with wire wheels which makes the
nut number 14 on page KK.3. For my spindles, I only have a single hole for
the cotter pin to go into. I know the inner spacer needs to be tight to the
two bearings, if I am too tight the bearings wear, if too loose the three
parts don't properly lock up and bearing start to wear wobbly in their hub
locations which happened thanks to the PO.  So tight plus a turn for the
cotter it sounds like.

> The MGA TwinCam & Deluxe has a slightly different assembly that uses shims
> to adjust bearing play.
>

> > In addition, the book calls for 80/90 weight oil for lubrication of the
> > swivels and pin.
>
> What book & where does it say that?

Check out P section in the manual. It tells us to put 80/90 in the swivels
and 30 weight in the engine:<))

> The MGA Workshop Manual is available here:
> http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/books/wsm.htm

Thanks Barney!!!!!!!!