Re: [Mgs] Leaking speedometer cable fitting.

To: dontoy@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Leaking speedometer cable fitting.
From: mgbob--- via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 12:53:35 GMT
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Full-name: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
--===============3220704942738427586==

----__JWM__J20d59ba2.70362460S.28139886M

Hi Don,  There might be two issues here. My similar experience was that =
the tach was jumping. Original cable seemed to have slight kinking that =
I made better, but instrument still jumped. Bought and installed the Mos=
s cable, which is a current design and probably better. Instrument still=
 jumped which, it turned out, was caused by bearing in the head allowing=
 the cup to contact the rotating magnet. Once repaired, the tach read fi=
ne.  Eventually I re-installed the original cable, because to me it look=
ed better. And it dripped. Dripping might have been my doing, as I oiled=
 the cable liberally and may have not wiped it dry enough, and it could =
be that the cable is working grease up from the reduction drive on the d=
ynamo. Speedo can work it up from the gearbox.   A big drip can come fro=
m connection of oil pressure pipe to the gauge, something worth checking=
.Bob