Re: [Mgs] FW: MGA Guru on the Gulf Coast

To: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>,<mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] FW: MGA Guru on the Gulf Coast
From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 17:12:20 -0500

--=====================_179928355==.ALT

My MGB GT V8 has those pneumatic(?) support things for bonnet.  I got
them from a team.net bloke I think but you can get them quite
easily.  I also have them on the tailgate - absolutely brilliant and
I recommend them.  Easy to install and do not interfer

At 08:31 PM 12/21/2015 +0100, Hans Duinhoven via Mgs wrote:
>Thanks Barney & Bert for the wakeup call.
>
>I've driven the GT too little this year.
>Reason was oil swallowing like over a litre per 100 miles.
>This happening made me quite unhappy as the engine had been overhauled not
>long ago (in miles speaking).
>Also my health was not optimal this year, so after seeking the reason for
>this engine error I asked my friendly garagist to look to the most suspected
>part of the engine - the breather system.
>It appeared this system was clogged and after cleaning and putting it back
>to the advised settings the GT is back on the road and has proven to use oil
>little to none.
>Also thanks to Paul Hunt for his advise.
>
>Barney, you made me looking to your site where your travel experiences were
>listed and I saw some pictures of MGB's where the engine hood was wide open.
>http://mgaguru.com/tales/mobile11/5536.jpg
>I still use the original hood stand, which offers very little space to work.
>So my question is, is the hood stand modification documented somewhere?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Cheers,
>Hans
>71 BGT

Regards
Barrie
Barrie Robinson
Aston Martin Feltham Club
barrie@look.ca
www.AMFClub.com
                                 Go with the flow - but paddle hard
--=====================_179928355==.ALT

My MGB GT V8 has those pneumatic(?) support things for bonnet.&nbsp; I
got them from a team.net bloke I think but you can get them quite
easily.&nbsp; I also have them on the tailgate - absolutely brilliant and
I recommend them.&nbsp; Easy to install and do not interfer<br><br>
At 08:31 PM 12/21/2015 +0100, Hans Duinhoven via Mgs wrote:<br>
wakeup call.<br><br>
I've driven the GT too little this year.<br>
Reason was oil swallowing like over a litre per 100 miles.<br>
This happening made me quite unhappy as the engine had been overhauled
not<br>
long ago (in miles speaking).<br>
Also my health was not optimal this year, so after seeking the reason
for<br>
this engine error I asked my friendly garagist to look to the most
suspected<br>
part of the engine - the breather system.<br>
It appeared this system was clogged and after cleaning and putting it
back<br>
to the advised settings the GT is back on the road and has proven to use
oil<br>
little to none. <br>
Also thanks to Paul Hunt for his advise.<br><br>
Barney, you made me looking to your site where your travel experiences
were<br>
listed and I saw some pictures of MGB's where the engine hood was wide
open.<br>
http://mgaguru.com/tales/mobile11/5536.jpg</a> <br>
I still use the original hood stand, which offers very little space to
work.<br>
So my question is, is the hood stand modification documented
somewhere?<br><br>
Thanks in advance.<br><br>
Cheers,<br>
Hans<br>