Re: [Mgs] Synthetic oil

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Synthetic oil
From: Stephen West-Fisher via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 17:56:59 -0500
The real question is will your MG keep synthetic inside. My experience is
that synthetic leaks more than dino juice, somewhat due to lower viscosity.
Don't worry about the ZDDP if your engine is anywhere near stock, the
current spec is very close to what early '60s and older oils had in them.
For engines designed in the late '60 (designed - not built) there could be
an issue with the current spec, but even that is questionable. For a '57
MGA, the engine is, shall we say, somewhat agricultural.

Steve

--
Stephen West-Fisher
N4IK