[Mgs] TD running rough

To: MGList List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] TD running rough
From: "W. David Houser via Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 15:43:40 -0400
Listers,
Just finished rebuilding the 2 carb jet assemblies on my TD due to leaking from
the float bowls and bottom of jets I have MGA 1.5â?? carbs on there.
Prior to replacing the 4 float bowl grommets and jet needle seals and the cork
like washer that screws into the carb body, car ran great. Nothing else
touched. Needles and jets the same. Pistons re-centered and clicking when
lifted and released. Choke not sticking when pushed back in, jets close up
fine. Took off float bowl covers and both bowls have gas to proper level, no
stuck levers or needles.
When car started it misfires and engine shakes like too lean. After a bit of
time, engine stalls, doesnâ??t just quit. Too coincidental that something
electrical may have happened.
Any thoughts?
TIA,
Dave Houser