Re: [Mgs] MGTD misfiring carbs

To: "W. David Houser" <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>, MGList List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGTD misfiring carbs
From: Barney Gaylord via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 11:04:27 -0400

--=====================_235709015==.ALT

Dave,

Yes, it sounds lean on accelleration.  Lack of=20
oil in the dashpot dampers will do that.  Have=20
you tried running it under load?  Does it pull=20
okay with load and constant throttle?  What's your location?

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com

At 08:59 AM 5/29/2016 -0400, W. David Houser via Mgs wrote:
>Below is a link to a video I put up on Youtube=20
>showing how my TD engine is running after just=20
>replacing the jet assembly gaskets and the float=20
>bowl to carb body grommets on each carb. The=20
>carbs are MGA 1.5=E2=80=9D. The car has been modified=20
>to MKII specs. The thing is it was running great=20
>without the misfire before I changed the seals that were leaking.
>I centered the jets twice, got a sharp click=20
>when dropped, floats getting gas, no stuck=20
>needles. I did not change the jets or needles=20
>that were on the car and as I say was running well.
>Seems like it=E2=80=99s running a bit lean when you=20
>give the gas. The jets are down 16 flats from=20
>the top, 2 full turns plus 4 additional flats.
><https://youtu.be/HOzMP5CUDuk>https://youtu.be/HOzMP5CU

--=====================_235709015==.ALT

Dave,<br><br>
Yes, it sounds lean on accelleration.&nbsp; Lack of oil in the dashpot
dampers will do that.&nbsp; Have you tried running it under load?&nbsp;
Does it pull okay with load and constant throttle?&nbsp; What's your
location?<br><br>
Barney Gaylord<br>
1958 MGA with an attitude<br>

</a>At 08:59 AM 5/29/2016 -0400, W. David Houser via Mgs wrote:<br>
Below is a link to a video I put up on Youtube showing how my TD engine
is running after just replacing the jet assembly gaskets and the float
bowl to carb body grommets on each carb. The carbs are MGA 1.5=E2=80=9D. The
car has been modified to MKII specs. The thing is it was running great
without the misfire before I changed the seals that were leaking.<br>
I centered the jets twice, got a sharp click when dropped, floats getting
gas, no stuck needles. I did not change the jets or needles that were on
the car and as I say was running well.<br>
Seems like it=E2=80=99s running a bit lean when you give the gas. The jets a=
re
down 16 flats from the top, 2 full turns plus 4 additional flats. <br>
....<br>