Re: [Mgs] Antenna hole size on MGB

To: Bert Palte <palte@gmx.net>, "mgs@Autox.Team.Net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Antenna hole size on MGB
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 14:29:59 -0500
--===============6192723859766136306==
 boundary="------------851C675CF3B5EE02B820DE5B"

--------------851C675CF3B5EE02B820DE5B

What frequency band is "medium wave?"

CR

On 6/24/2016 11:19 AM, Bert Palte via Mgs wrote:
> This is how to determine where to put your antenna.
> Locate a portable radio, one with medium wave reception.
> Tune to a medium wave transmitter. (if you can find one).
> Start the car engine.
> Walk around the car with the radio near your considered antenna locations.
> The best location is obviously where you hear minimal ignition noise
> on your radio.
> Bert
> PA0LPS
> SA4BRL
> *Gesendet:* Montag, 20. Juni 2016 um 23:58 Uhr
> *Von:* "Steve via Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
> *An:* "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
> *Betreff:* [Mgs] Antenna hole size on MGB
> I also have to wonder why you want to put the antenna on driver's
> side. I too would put it on the passenger's side. Unless you are
> talking about the rear. Still? As for size of hole, measure the metal
> part that goes through the fender or scuttle into the car, (it's
> usually some sort of threaded cast metal). You must use the actual
> antenna you are going to install. The part that is to go through the
> fender may not be circular, but you can extrapolate the circle from
> the size. The antenna may also have instructions. Hmm. As a rough
> estimate you can use the chrome bezel of the antenna as a guess. You
> don't want to make the hole larger than that. In fact, you want to
> make the hole as small as possible. You may be able to install the
> workings of the antenna from the inside of the car. Make a template of
> the hole you want to make. Again, don't make it bigger than the chrome
> bezel of the antenna. Make sure that there isn't something important
> under the location where you are going to drill
> the hole, and that you will have enough room in the footwell, fender,
> etc. for the antenna motor and shaft and will be able to snake the
> wire through to the radio. Find your location, tape your template on
> so both sides of the cut are protected. I suggest using a pinpoint
> metal punch to dimple the center of the hole to be cut, then employ a
> new circular metal cutting blade with small center pilot hole. Insert
> the bit into VSR drill, have a beer, grit your teeth, and go for it.
> Any problems, have another beer and ask a neighbor for HELP!
>
> Steve Edelstein
> Sent from my iPad

--------------851C675CF3B5EE02B820DE5B

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      Mgs wrote:<br>
cite="mid:trinity-e249ede2-6a28-4abc-8a2c-43a94e70f411-1466785156602@3capp-gmx-bs33"
      type="cite">
          considered antenna locations.</div>
          ignition noise on your radio.</div>
            10px 0 10px 10px; border-left:2px solid #C3D9E5; word-wrap:
            break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
            after-white-space;">
              Juni 2016 um 23:58 Uhr<br>
              <b>Von:</b> "Steve via Mgs" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:mgs@autox.team.net";>&lt;mgs@autox.team.net&gt;</a><br>
              <b>An:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:mgs@autox.team.net";>"mgs@autox.team.net"</a> <a
[...]
              important under the location where you are going to drill<br>
              the hole, and that you will have enough room in the
              footwell, fender, etc. for the antenna motor and shaft and
              will be able to snake the wire through to the radio. Find
              your location, tape your template on so both sides of the
              cut are protected. I suggest using a pinpoint metal punch
              to dimple the center of the hole to be cut, then employ a
              new circular metal cutting blade with small center pilot
              hole. Insert the bit into VSR drill, have a beer, grit
              your teeth, and go for it.<br>
              Any problems, have another beer and ask a neighbor for
              HELP!<br>
              Steve Edelstein<br>
              Sent from my iPad<br>
              <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a><br>
              Donate: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
              Suggested annual donation $12.75<br>
              Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.team.net/archive";
target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
              Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.team.net/forums";
target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
              Unsubscribe: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/palte@gmx.net";

target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/palte@gmx.net</a></div>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/ccrobins@ktc.com";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/ccrobins@ktc.com</a>
</pre>

--------------851C675CF3B5EE02B820DE5B--