[Mgs] Traffic, was: List meltdown?

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Mgs] Traffic, was: List meltdown?
From: Richard Lindsay via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 09:47:31 -0600
Cc: "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>

--f403045ea6deaab9250542eb3499

Hi Friends,

Nice to see traffic here again. I guess we were all just napping a bit.

I just rebuilt the SUs on my TR3b and plan to tune the engine today. The
ignition is rock solid, powerful and beautifully times, thanks to a full
Pertronix distriburor. A bit of air balancing and air:fuel ratio testing
and setting, and the car will be back strong!

Okay, yes, this is an MG forum. My MG TD suffers the same malady as the
TR3b did: LCOS. 'That's Lazy Current Owner Syndrome'. I just let the car
sit unused for months and the fuel grew old, leaving gum in the SUs as the
volitiles preferentially evaporated. Like the TR3b, the jets no longer
move. They're gummed in place, leaving the 'choke' control inoperative.

Once the TR3b is back running and strong, I will move on to the MG. It too
has a Pertronix distributor. Timing is so consistant that the XPAG will
idle just fine at 500rpm, if set higher for better furure drivability.

And that's my update for an otherwise quiet forum.

Best regards,

-rick, in Houston

--f403045ea6deaab9250542eb3499

Nice to see traffic here again. I guess we were all just napping a bit.</di=
y TR3b and plan to tune the engine today. The ignition is rock solid, power=
ful and beautifully times, thanks to a full Pertronix distriburor. A bit of=
 air balancing and air:fuel ratio testing and setting, and the car will be =
this is an MG forum. My MG TD suffers the same malady as the TR3b did: LCOS=
. &#39;That&#39;s Lazy Current Owner Syndrome&#39;. I just let the car sit =
unused for months and the fuel grew old, leaving gum in the SUs as the voli=
tiles preferentially evaporated. Like the TR3b, the jets no longer move. Th=
ey&#39;re gummed in place, leaving the &#39;choke&#39; control inoperative.=
unning and strong, I will move on to the MG. It too has a Pertronix distrib=
utor. Timing is so consistant that the XPAG will idle just fine at 500rpm, =
iv><div dir=3D"auto">And that&#39;s my update for an otherwise quiet forum.=

--f403045ea6deaab9250542eb3499--