Re: [Mgs] Brake bleeding

To: "i erbs" <eyera3000@gmail.com>, "mglist" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Brake bleeding
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 08:37:28 -0000 mJIl54jYeG4Sq9Cfc4xIO8yJMv7t/kPZr3viBl5KEBk21hzvsxuWH75VW47YqPxLC4Lj2AV8i2/GJg==

--===============1537115289581488795==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002A_01D480AC.457E1C90"

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01D480AC.457E1C90
        charset="UTF-8"

Longest run to shortest is correct, with the handbrake released to =
minimise the cavity in the wheel cylinders.  I've always used an =
EeziBled - at no more than 15psi - to initially fill and bleed both =
clutch and brake systems, but that has always left the brake pedal long =
and soft.  It pumps up with a couple of quick strokes, then after a =
couple of seconds goes long and soft again - i.e. still some air in.  =
The second step is for someone to press down very hard on the pedal, =
then I rapidly open and close a caliper nipple, first one side then the =
other.  That always blasts more air out and after that it is fine.  The =
front of the car needs to be slightly higher than the rear.

But if just replacing fluid on an otherwise working system then an =
EeziBleed and opening each nipple in turn until the fluid runs clear =
should be all that is needed.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  I am new to MGs but not British cars. I have read posts that seem to =
indicate that bleeding the brakes on my 67B is not as straight forwatd =
as say my big Healey. So could someone provide directions of the =
proceedure? I would start with cyl farthest away and work my way to the =
front.

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01D480AC.457E1C90
        charset="UTF-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Longest run to shortest is correct, with the =
handbrake=20
released to minimise the cavity in the wheel cylinders.&nbsp; I've =
always used=20
an EeziBled - at no more than 15psi - to initially fill and bleed both =
clutch=20
and brake systems, but that has always left the brake pedal long and =
soft.&nbsp;=20
It pumps up with a couple of quick strokes, then after a couple of =
seconds goes=20
long and soft again - i.e. still some air in.&nbsp; The second step is =
for=20
someone to press down very hard on the pedal, then I rapidly open and=20
close&nbsp;a caliper nipple, first one side then the other.&nbsp; That =
always=20
blasts more air out and after that it is fine.&nbsp; The front of the =
car needs=20
to be slightly higher than the rear.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>But if just replacing fluid on an otherwise working =
system=20
then an EeziBleed and opening each nipple in turn until the fluid runs =
clear=20
should be all that is needed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>I am new to MGs but not British cars. I have read posts that seem =
to=20
  indicate that bleeding the brakes on my 67B is not as straight forwatd =
as say=20
  my big Healey. So could someone provide directions of the proceedure? =
I would=20
  start with cyl farthest away and work my way to the front.</DIV>
  <DIV dir=3Dauto><FONT =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>