Re: [Mgs] Radiator

To: "mglist" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Radiator
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:24:21 -0000 T7ouFB3h+x+comn+UJvwftVmzdREXBp/FpTzDSQ4kul2TgYR93YDWx6Y

--===============4096442931780895059==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0068_01D4CF47.636A3740"

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01D4CF47.636A3740
        charset="utf-8"

With the clamp slackened and pushed up out of the way I push a smallish =
old blunt flat-blade screwdriver between hose and rad port and it starts =
trickling out.  With a bit of card guiding that into a bucket I get on =
with something else while it drains.  The last time I had the rad out I =
pondered getting a drain plug fitted to it as I happened to have a spare =
from an old V8 block, but given how infrequently I've needed to do it =
felt it wasn't worth the effort.  The hardest job is getting the hose =
fully off and back on, and not much will help with that.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  Butting in, with my recent experience regarding a MK.I MGB =
radiator=E2=80=A6

  .... And many of them didn=E2=80=99t even have a provision for a drain =
tap, which to me was a deal killer (since the lower hose is so hard to =
access, it just seemed that that would add a permanent maintenance =
nightmare).
------=_NextPart_000_0068_01D4CF47.636A3740
        charset="utf-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>With the clamp slackened and pushed up out of the =
way I push a=20
smallish old blunt flat-blade screwdriver between hose and rad port and =
it=20
starts trickling out.&nbsp; With a bit of card guiding that into a =
bucket I get=20
on with something else while it drains.&nbsp; The last time I had the =
rad out I=20
pondered getting a drain plug fitted to it as I happened to have a spare =
from an=20
old V8 block, but given how infrequently I've needed to do it&nbsp;felt =
it=20
wasn't worth the effort.&nbsp; The hardest job is getting&nbsp;the=20
hose&nbsp;fully off and back on, and not much will help with =
that.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV>Butting in,=20
  with my recent experience regarding a MK.I MGB radiator=E2=80=A6
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><FONT size=3D2></FONT><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>...</FONT>. And many of them didn=E2=80=99t even =
have a provision=20
  for a drain tap, which to me was a deal killer (since the lower hose =
is so=20
  hard to access, it just seemed that that would add a permanent =
maintenance=20
  nightmare).</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>