Re: [Mgs] Bleeding brakes question...

To: "Richard Lindsay" <richardolindsay@gmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, "TR3b Mail List" <tr3a@yahoogroups.com>, "Biturbo" <BiturboZentrum@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Bleeding brakes question...
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:42:25 +0100 F49iv9dbPdMLITzkXdpYcZLmMxMTi+XpfqShjdPQGfdzDn5nWkHcG6Hd7ID3N99ooa3R6dkUvHnJKSIK31Nut1wCk5MH6Agp4kIwD8e+vE5XIWchhkUCXJAN S5Z7dQO7j5M36TYGcHhzKTZ+Y2ePsg1hViI0S0AkDGQ=

--===============5578614919282559498==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_009A_01D4FC3E.43B6C390"

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01D4FC3E.43B6C390
        charset="utf-8"

I can't see that it does as by the time you get to the pistons they are =
completely separate circuits, however perhaps one should still bleed the =
longest front circuit first (the difference between the rears is =
probably only a few inches in several feet).  I can't really see why it =
has to be done anyway.  Some places talk about air bubbles passing the =
shortest circuit when bleeding the longest, so if the shortest has =
already been done it could leave bubbles in there.  But that can happen =
regardless of which you are doing, and once you have bled the first =
circuit (longest or shortest) there shouldn't be any bubbles in that =
circuit.  It's perhaps more relevant to stop-start bleeding with the =
pedal where fluid and hence bubbles could be moving back and fore, less =
so with continuous pressure such as EeziBleed.=20

I've never done it, but I'd imagine pedal bleeding is a bit of a pain on =
a dual circuit as a 'good' circuit i.e. no air should be limiting how =
far the pedal can move when bleeding the one with air in.

There is also the question of the balance switch. I understand that on =
the earlier unboosted system the switch will always be tripped, and =
careful re-bleeding of first one circuit then another may be needed to =
centralise it again.  With the boosted system the switch can be =
partially unscrewed to stop it latching.  But then again will =
low-pressure bleeding such as with an EeziBleed on just a few psi be =
enough to cause the shuttle to move anyway?

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20

      On vehicles with independent front and rear brake hydraulic =
circuits, is it still advisable to bleed the longest pipe run first? =
That is, does it matter if one bleeds the front brakes first?
------=_NextPart_000_009A_01D4FC3E.43B6C390
        charset="utf-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I can't see that it does as by the time you get to =
the pistons=20
they are completely separate circuits, however&nbsp;perhaps one should =
still=20
bleed the longest front circuit first (the difference&nbsp;between the =
rears is=20
probably only a few inches in several feet).&nbsp;&nbsp;I can't really =
see why=20
it has to be done anyway.&nbsp; Some places talk about air bubbles =
passing the=20
shortest circuit when bleeding the longest, so if the shortest has =
already been=20
done it could leave bubbles in there.&nbsp; But that can happen =
regardless of=20
which you are doing, and once you have bled the first circuit (longest =
or=20
shortest) there shouldn't be any bubbles in that circuit.&nbsp; It's =
perhaps=20
more relevant to stop-start bleeding with the pedal where fluid and =
hence=20
bubbles could be moving back and fore, less so with continuous pressure =
such as=20
EeziBleed.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I've never done it, but I'd imagine pedal bleeding =
is a bit of=20
a pain on a dual circuit as&nbsp;a 'good' circuit i.e. no =
air&nbsp;should=20
be&nbsp;limiting how far the pedal can move when bleeding the one with =
air=20
in.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>There is also the question of the balance switch. I =
understand=20
that on the earlier unboosted system the switch will always be tripped, =
and=20
careful re-bleeding of first one circuit then another may be needed to=20
centralise it again.&nbsp; With the boosted system the switch can be =
partially=20
unscrewed to stop it latching.&nbsp; But then again will low-pressure =
bleeding=20
such as with an EeziBleed on just a few psi be enough to cause the =
shuttle to=20
move anyway?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><BR></DIV>
  <DIV dir=3Dauto>&nbsp; &nbsp; On vehicles with independent front and =
rear brake=20
  hydraulic circuits, is it still advisable to bleed the longest pipe =
run first?=20
  That is, does it matter if one bleeds the front brakes=20
first?</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>