Re: [Mgs] Battery drain

To: Barrie Robinson <barrob@bell.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Battery drain
From: i erbs via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:08:17 -0700
Cc: MGB V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>

--0000000000009f37de058df7a8ac

Try undoing the last thing you did. Disconect the radio and see if the
drain stops.

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019, 12:46 PM Barrie Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> After leaving my MGB GT V8 for a few days - maybe 4 or 5  I find the
> battery is completely flat.  Did that 3 times.  So I took the battery out,
> charged it and waited 3 days.  The voltage dropped from 13.15V on Sunday
> 3pm to 12.91V 3pm Wednesday which does not seem to indicate that it is the
> battery's problem?    I did have a radio fitted but cannot say if it was
> after that that the battery went flat.   So any tips on how to find out
> what is going on would be appreciated (and thank you in advance) - I will
> try to disconnect the radio but that is a pain - I have to find the special
> tool to slip it out !!!!   But surely if the radio is off (blank screen) it
> should be *off.* By the way my new $$$$$ radio with windscreen mounted
> antenna cannot bring in 91.5FM or 99.1FM, the only stations I listen to
> because they do not have adverts.......but my cheap $ new portable one can
> get them inside my car !!!!!
>
> Cheers
> Barrie

--0000000000009f37de058df7a8ac

nd see if the drain stops.=C2=A0<br><br><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signat=
ure">Ira Erbs<br>Portland, OR<br>typos and artifacts are the fault of my ph=
il_attr">On Wed, Jul 17, 2019, 12:46 PM Barrie Robinson via Mgs &lt;<a href=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px=
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20

   =20
 =20
        After leaving my MGB GT V8 for a few days - maybe 4 or 5=C2=A0 I fi=
nd
        the battery is completely flat.=C2=A0 Did that 3 times.=C2=A0 So I =
took
        the battery out, charged it and waited 3 days.=C2=A0 The voltage
        dropped from 13.15V on Sunday 3pm to 12.91V 3pm Wednesday which
        does not seem to indicate that it is the battery&#39;s problem?=C2=
=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 I
        did have a radio fitted but cannot say if it was after that that
        the battery went flat.=C2=A0=C2=A0 So any tips on how to find out w=
hat is
        going on would be appreciated (and thank you in advance) - I
        will try to disconnect the radio but that is a pain - I have to
        find the special tool to slip it out !!!!=C2=A0=C2=A0 But surely if=
 the
        radio is off (blank screen) it should be <i>off.</i> By the way
        my new $$$$$ radio with windscreen mounted antenna cannot bring
        in 91.5FM or 99.1FM, the only stations I listen to because they
        do not have adverts.......but my cheap $ new portable one can
        get them inside my car !!!!!<br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>

Mgs@autox.team.net</a><br>