Re: [Mgs] Fuel Pump?

To: "Michael MacLean" <rrengineer.mike@att.net>, "Mglist" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fuel Pump?
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 08:29:27 -0000 3pN62guKiviekADUXwx6L4AiUrkafmXieKVGbs3bmCD8IXp5n9fEnNEPz9IlRDsYLopQxt3VgyDsI6panzhSI/44ecNXow6Hyvs=

--===============8160142014464115105==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0013_01D6E8BD.0A34E530"

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D6E8BD.0A34E530
        charset="UTF-8"

AFAIK Facet click away all the time unlike the SU design which only =
clicks on demand.  There are Hardi types which look exactly like the SU, =
and plastic-bodied Moprod which do not look the same but mount and =
connect in the same way and operate like an SU.

Both those, and the later SUs, are 'pointless'  pumps and I've had =
problems with the Moprod where it started short-stroking and causing =
fuel starvation even though it was clicking away, and I just had to wait =
until it decided to start working properly again.  After two or three =
bouts of that I junked it and fitted a pukka SU - with points, at least =
with those a clout usually gets them going again.

What filters there are from the factory are internal on HS cars - tank =
pickup and inside the pump, HIF cars have one just before the carbs.

I don't think dropping the tank will show much, although if you drain =
enough out and remove the gauge sender and tip it on end you may be able =
to see the pickup - if there are no baffles.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20