Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 167, Issue 3

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 167, Issue 3
From: Barrie Robinson <barrob@bell.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 11:14:59 -0400

--------------CB34B7CA37CE6046A0862B00

Don't worry Warren, the big companies will find a way to make a huge
profit at the expense of the underwealthed while the Govt watches glassy
eyed and thumbs up their bums.

What amazes me is the perception that going electric will lessen the
strain on the environment.

Cheers
Barrie

On 4/7/2021 11:11 PM, Mogrits wrote:

>     > Of course, there is a chicken/egg problem with public charging
>     stations.
>     > No one wants to spend a lot of money installing public charging
>     stations
>     > until there are a lot of EVs to use them. Conversely, many
>     buyers are
>     > reluctant to buy an EV because there are not many public
>     charging stations.
>     > That is why one of the features of the proposed infrastructure
>     bill now
>     > being debated in Congress includes funding to build charging
>     stations.
>

> Can someone explain for me this concept of a "public charging
> station"? The ones I've seen in my town, available to the public, do
> not appear to have card swipes or coin slots. Are these "public
> charging stations" free? (Regardless of your answer, they are not
> "free"). So how long can the taxpayers afford to pay for peoples "gas
> money"? If the government is building charging stations, are they now
> in direct competition with gas station owners? Is this a good thing?
> In most States, only authorized Utility companies can legally sell
> electricity. If the States decide to "charge to charge", or if
> charging stations got privatized, are the charging station owners
> selling anything at their "pumps" other than electricity and is this
> legal? Will the Utility companies end up owning the "gas pumps" at
> these private stations and will there be competition from street
> corner to street corner for lowest $/kwh or will people have to buy
> their gas from a monopoly which is what electric companies are?
>
> None of this has been well thought out, and it will have major
> repercussions. Power generators will need ever more coal and natural
> gas while domestic sources have been bankrupted and shut down. The
> environment will suffer overall, both in CO2 (not that there's
> anything wrong with CO2) but most especially, the additional global
> mess that will happen from lithium and coal mining and petroleum
> extraction in countries with less controls than we have here in the
> US. A lot of people will get rich off the back of US taxpayers, but
> the "environment" will only get worse.
>
> Warren

--------------CB34B7CA37CE6046A0862B00

  <head>
  </head>
        companies will find a way to make a huge profit at the expense
        of the underwealthed while the Govt watches glassy eyed and
        thumbs up their bums.<br>
        What amazes me is the perception that going electric will lessen
        the strain on the environment.<br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>
cite="mid:CAGmEE4dh0QTas56MngOJ6q9KuUzyXff9=vTr4vFUuy-3-p7Jgw@mail.gmail.com">
            0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
            rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">&gt; Of course, there is
            a chicken/egg problem with public charging stations.<br>
            &gt; No one wants to spend a lot of money installing public
            charging stations<br>
            &gt; until there are a lot of EVs to use them. Conversely,
            many buyers are<br>
            &gt; reluctant to buy an EV because there are not many
            public charging stations.<br>
            &gt; That is why one of the features of the proposed
            infrastructure bill now<br>
            &gt; being debated in Congress includes funding to build
            charging stations.<br>
[...]
            electric companies are?</div>
            major repercussions. Power generators will need ever more
            coal and natural gas while domestic sources have been
            bankrupted and shut down. The environment will suffer
            overall, both in CO2 (not that there's anything wrong with
            CO2) but most especially, the additional global mess that
            will happen from lithium and coal mining and petroleum
            extraction in countries with less controls than we have here
            in the US. A lot of people will get rich off the back of US
            taxpayers, but the "environment" will only get worse.</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/barrob@bell.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/barrob@bell.net</a>
</pre>

--------------CB34B7CA37CE6046A0862B00--

--===============3025706772978037746==