Re: [Mgs] water temp/oil pressure gage

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] water temp/oil pressure gage
From: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com> qRGF5O6uSYMNmyylFgIx+AfpZ3K3TqN6TqVMxteuJRS5lxSFOIL+QQuc1lPW7rXSFGbKfnSylyLh8tfiYb8SDeMxAuPS+fbaUT0=
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 08:23:35 +0100

--------------e7mng9kZKM6ZPNdc5E0mcb0C

Depends on whether he is planning to use it 'normally' before getting
the gauges done or not.  If so then he definitely needs both gauges from
the outset, but these could be separates if cheaper until he gets a dual
gauge and has that rebuilt.  You can test 'untested' yourself but if
either section doesn't work you would have to get it rebuilt before
using the car instead of 'at some point'.  The temp section is the most
likely to be faulty, especially if removal from the donor car was not
done with care.

PaulH.

On 03/10/2022 18:09, dave northrup wrote:

> I am helping a friend with a 56 MGA. Definitely in need of cosmetic
> restoration; we think the mechanicals are pretty good.
>
> He is planning on having all the gages rebuilt at some point; right
> now it has no temp/oil pressure gage and we need that before we go any
> farther with the mechanicals.  We are looking for one that works;
> donâ??t care at all what it looks like as long as it works.  Anyone have
> an old gage around they would be willing to sell?
>
> I see them on ebay but they are always either really expensive or not
> tested.

--------------e7mng9kZKM6ZPNdc5E0mcb0C

  <head>
  </head>
      getting the gauges done or not.  If so then he definitely needs
      both gauges from the outset, but these could be separates if
      cheaper until he gets a dual gauge and has that rebuilt.  You can
      test 'untested' yourself but if either section doesn't work you
      would have to get it rebuilt before using the car instead of 'at
      some point'.  The temp section is the most likely to be faulty,
      especially if removal from the donor car was not done with care.</p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:dfd86f6354e840a6ac29121b2377fa43@ranteer.com">
        medium)">
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
          Definitely in need of cosmetic restoration; we think the
          mechanicals are pretty good.<o:p></o:p></p>
          rebuilt at some point; right now it has no temp/oil pressure
          gage and we need that before we go any farther with the
          mechanicals.  We are looking for one that works; donâ??t care at
          all what it looks like as long as it works.  Anyone have an
          old gage around they would be willing to sell?<o:p></o:p></p>
          either really expensive or not tested.<o:p></o:p></p>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/paulhunt73@virginmedia.com";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/paulhunt73@virginmedia.com</a>
</pre>

--------------e7mng9kZKM6ZPNdc5E0mcb0C--

--===============9210525795968130915==