Re: [Mgs] MGB carb question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB carb question
From: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com> unOrkRXz0dP1HVyAJxyRw4z1tfb1+xGqBFGHD3xBDSjAAejFplXGD8ZG4926LKCDNguXH4px5Z0JUoy/E8HR5RlmCF1glvvvuq0=
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 08:38:33 +0100
The evaporative loss system didn't use three ports on either carb, the
overflow ports were piped to the charcoal canister instead of dumping on
the ground.

HIFs piped the fuel through the front carb to the rear carb, I hadn't
seen that on HSs before.  Clausager only shows a Tee by the rear carb
with separate hoses to each carb, but there are some MGB pictures 'out
there' that show other arrangements.

The vac advance port was a small tube on the throat of the carb,
crankcase ventilation that replaced the PCV valve was a large tube on
the throat.

PaulH.