mini-baja

Polaris Differential/gearbox

To: mini-baja@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Polaris Differential/gearbox
From: susantoa@pdx.edu
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:37:12 -0800
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you guys ever used the Polaris differential
(part#1341442 from a Ranger).  If you have, did you find any off the shelf part
that will mate to the splines of the output shafts of the differential?  Also
is the differential case sealed?  We looked at pictures of a Ranger's rear end
it looks like it has flanges for the axle tubes so we're not sure what would
happen if we take off the axle tubes (ie will it spill oil everywhere?)

Another part I have a question on is the High-Rev gearbox from a Trailboss 330
(part# 1341306).  What kind of splines are on the input/output shafts and have
you found anything off the shelf that will fit the spline.  Also, do you know
what the weight of the tranny is?  One last thing, do you have the external
dimensions of the tranny?  Thanks.

Andre S
www.vikingracing.net/andre