mini-baja

Rear Suspension Design - Please Help

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Suspension Design - Please Help
From: uisae@engineering.uiowa.edu
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:08:37 -0500
To all:

Does anyone have a rear suspension design on a previous mini baja that meets
the following criteria:

 - Rear Independent Suspension
 - Double A-Arm
 - Here's where it get tricky (and critical)
   - The front mounting point (on the chassis) is higher than the rear
mounting ponit for the same A-arm. In other words, when looking at the side of
the car, the rear a-arms form an angle (other than zero) with respect to the
horizontal. Please see attached diagram for clarification.

I am looking for any pictures, design reports, or just someone with a little
information. I am working on a project and would like all the help I can get.
I'm looking for desing reports, etc, dated prior to 2002 specifically, but at
this point any information would be beneficial!

Thanks,

Joshua Heacock
UISAE President

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
RearSuspensionAngle.JPG]