mini-baja

RE: Polaris P-90 broaching

To: <semperfi915@excite.com>, <mini-baja@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Polaris P-90 broaching
From: "Justin Scheifflee" <jcs28@acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:00:39 -0500
Umm, use a keyway broach?  That is how you make keyways, you said it
yourself.  I'm just messin' with you, but seriously that is the best way.
If you don't have a broach in your shop (which I would find hard to believe
that a machine shop at Cornell does not have a broach set) you can buy them
from McMaster or machine tool supply stores.  However, if the clutch is heat
treated or hardened a broach may not work, and you will probably have to
make your own bushing for the broach since the Polaris clutch shaft is a
funny shape and size.  The only other option I could think of would be EDM
or something like that, but that would probably be more difficult to obtain
and expensive.  Good luck.

Justin
UB Mini-Baja