a quick reward job

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: a quick reward job
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 09:17:24 -0400
Fellow moggers:

The list seems pretty quiet this weekend so I thought I'd pitch in with a
waste of bandwidth.  I re-discovered that one of the easiest jobs you can do
on the car and still reap substantial rewards is to check the valve
clearances.  I've only owned the car about 11 months and put less than 1000
miles on it, but...  it was getting pretty "clacky" and past time for the
job.  Well, now she sounds wonderful: what a satisfying experience for half
an hour's work!  I recommend it.

Next stop: new plug wires!  (I'm slowly going through the car renewing the
PO's aged hardware).

Will Zehring

p.s.  Advice needed: the PO didn't mask the car too well and there's
overspray on bits and pieces of the vinyl interior.  Any advice on a
cleaner/abrasive that I can use to remove these billions of little white
dots?  Don't misunderstand: its not *that* bad, but the vinyl is in fine
shape and I just want to smart-up the car's appearances.

p.p.s.  Would someone on the list with experience with the down draugh Solex
carb post back to me?  I have some questions!!