Re: original morgans book-any good?

To: Rudy Eberstadt III <re3@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: original morgans book-any good?
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 13:32:20 +0000
Rudy Eberstadt III <re3@ix.netcom.com> writes
>I am wondering if the book "Original Morgan" by John Worrall is any
>good for someone in the midst of restoring a +4? I want to know what
>the original paint colors of different parts of the car were etc. If
>anyone has read this book I would appreciate hearing your opinion of it
>before I buy it.

I own a copy and it is a lovely book, but if you are only interested in
it as a definitive source of data, you might be better off just putting
questions to the list as they arise.

The book contains a number of specially commissioned photographs taken
by a good photographer, so may well be a good source if a similar car is
featured. The cars pictured are quite well known in the UK and include:

        Pat Kennett's flat rad Plus 4 coupe
        His interim cowled 1953 Plus 4
        Haydn Williams 1968 Plus 4 2 str
        Roger Jay's Plus 4 4 str
        John Lloyd's high cowl 1956 motor show Plus 4
        One shot of Terry Day's Snob Mog
        One shot of the Plus 4 saloon
        John Worrall's Plus 4 Super Sport

There are several under bonnet shots and a few dash shots showing the
major changes.

If your are a Concour freak it won't be a substitute for access to a
similar unmolested car to use as a source, although better than nothing-
it's a nice book anyway, so I'd suggest you buy it.
--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4 2 str