FW: Re: weber rebuild and huge backfire

To: morgans
Subject: FW: Re: weber rebuild and huge backfire
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 00:29:46 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE morgans@Autox.Team.Net:     Admin request of type /\buns\w*b/i at line
4]

     Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:20:57 -0400 (EDT)
     From: il803@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Ralph S. Cadwallader)
     Subject: Re: weber rebuild and huge backfire

On Sat, May 24 1997 David Wilkinson wrote:

> My 80B and I are suffering from a huge backfire in the carb problem and
> unstable running conditions. Sometimes she runs strong, sometimes she
> burbles! I've ordered rebuild kit for the weber down draft - suspecting
> vacuum leaks or something sinister. In the last week bought lucas sport
> coil and plug wires to eliminate something....
>
> Will the rebuild correct this. How do I start from scratch, after the
> rebuild, to adjust the carb without diagnostic equipment. Is there a
> starting point - everything screwed in, or out?

  Before you lay a glove on your webber carb get a copy of "Webber
Carburators" by John Passini. His book, recently combined from the
original two, 1:"Theory" and 2:"Tuning & Maintenance", will keep you
focused and help you avoid wasting time and money altering the wrong
things.   Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies (800-688-6946) lists the book at
22.00 part no. 5326. You couldn't spend money more wisely. Furthermore
the "Theory" section takes you from the air cleaners to the tailpipe
with concise, witty, well written prose that will engross delight and
educate you to a degree you never thought possible. But enough, I seldom
permit myself this sort of fervor, reserving it only for causes I find
worthy and this, dear David, is one of them.

--
Ralph Cadwallader                 Lakewood, OH
72GT  66 4/4  68 FBird            Old age and treachery will prevail.