queries from a new Morgan owner

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: queries from a new Morgan owner
From: arlin robins <arlin@slip.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 23:21:10 -0700
Hello, fellow romantics & masochists-

        As a first time Morgan owner I would love to have some
advice/info/suggestions on the following:

        1) Sources for Morganalia such as cloth & bullion embroidered
Morgan wings and die-cast ("Matchbox" type) Morgans;
        2) GOOD book(s) on Restoration/Repair;
        3) Recommended methods for dealing with superficial (I hope)
underbody (e.g. wings) and frame crossmember rust. Naval jelly &
Rustoleum?
        4) Retrofitting of bucket seats (maybe old TR-3, Alpine or ?) to
replace my current/original bench seats.
        5) The practicality/possibility of replacing the Moss box with a
5-speed transmission.

        I'm sure many of you have experience and insight in these areas,
and I would very much appreciate hearing your opinions.

        Thanks!

        Michael Jhon '61 Plus 4 Roadster
        arlin@slip.net