Re: 1934 Family.

To: morgannz@manawatu.gen.nz, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1934 Family.
From: CobMeister@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 11:42:15 -0400 (EDT)
Hey Gary,

Sorry that I can't post a photo of a Family dash for you. The current issue
of BRITISH CAR (Published in the US, may be available to you?) offers a side
3/4 view of a '34 Family and a glimpse of the dash. (The photo caption is,
unfortunately, wrong.) The Trike dash is pretty simple stuff, all the
instruments are in a central cluster. The dash itself is a wood slab with a
simple curve. Bert Varady probably has a manufacturing drawing cum cutting
pattern.

The main thing to remember is that truly excellent support is available in
restoring a Trike. There are very good books available from several sources
and the (British) Morgan Three-Wheeler Club produces many new parts. Also,
Mr. Clarrie Coombes, one of nature's true gentlemen, produces all manner of
original drawings which can be used for the local manufacture of parts.

As with any older car, the main question is, "How well does it run?" Engine
and transmission repairs and overhauls are expensive and time consuming. Even
more important, how do you like driving the Trike? It is a whole different
world from 4 wheeling!

If you have a specific question, let me know and I will try to look up an
answer for you.

My advice is buy the thing if you can. You won't lose money on it and you may
never have another opportunity.

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM    USA
'36 F2 & '66 Plus 4