Re: Moss Box +4 plate

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Moss Box +4 plate
From: Dave & Linda Freeman <dlfreeman@ipa.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:32:35 -0600
>-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --
>
>I have three of these all with broken mounting arms. One has been welded .
>What I don't understand is that they are made of magnesium. I thought
>Magnesium would burn  and once started can't be extinguished.  Anyone know
>how   they weld this stuff ?

I just finished reading an article in Auto Restorer on MIG and TIG welders.
Magnesium is welded with a TIG(Tungsten inert gas) welder. Welders of this
type are not in most home restorers arsenal as they cost $2000-$3000
dollars and are much more difficult to use than MIG welders.

Dave and Linda Freeman  <http://www.ipa.net/~dlfreeman>
Living the Good Life