2" SU's for TR3-4 engine

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 2" SU's for TR3-4 engine
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 17:12:08 -0500
I found this ad in the classified section of the Vintage Triumph register.
Richard tells me that the 2" SU's were from a Rover TC2000. The manifold is
a TR4A long intake, bored and ported to match the SU's venturi. There are
two ~2" dome shaped foam stuffed aircleaners. The carb bodies are 5.2" long
without spacers, about the same as an H6, which makes them too long when
matched to either TR4 or TR4A manifolds to fit under a Morgan hood without
fitting a scoop.

Anybody care to comment on the owner's statement below

"TR3/4 2" SU carb and intake manifold. Hot Stuff better then Webers $475.00."
Seller is:
Name: Richard Phillips
Email: meih@ix.netcom.com
Home Phone: 805 9637784
Work Phone: 805 9637784
Location: Santa Barbara , CA

Also, on the subject of engine swaps for 4/4's: My wife had a '72 Capri,
which had a 2000cc sohc engine supposedly the same as was used in the
Pinto. Getting parts for it was always a little confusing, but if you told
the parts guy 2 liter Pinto, he usually could come up with the right stuff.
If one of these could fit in a 4/4, I think you might have quite a potent
combination.

Jerry Murphy