Re: Re: electric windshield

To: <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Re: electric windshield
From: "Simon Chambers" <DrSimon@azure.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 15:49:39 -0000
Charles, et al.

> if you are looking through the windshield wouldn't
>there be an incredible glare off a bunch of fine wire?
Dosent seem to be!

>Is the wire in the windshield to heat it?
Yes.

>Is this a replacement for a defroster?
Yes.

The wires appear about half the thickness of a fine human hair and run from
top to bottom over the whole length of the screen. But they are not
straight! They meander down the window in regular wavy pattern. And in a
strange way they don’t seem to be shiny! Yes the two times I have driven in
the dark both with a clean windscreen ( sorry -shield) oncoming car lights
do pick out the wire, but this looks like small particles of dust inches
apart rather than 1/16" apart - the spacing of the wires. My worry is what
happens if it gets broken! A replacement could take weeks to get.

I will try to take a picture of these within the next week and post it on
the web. Watch this space...

Simon
Dr. Simon Chambers.
Technical Director, Azure Limited.
Dorchester Dorset, ENGLAND
Tel: +44 1305 251771  Fax: +44 1305 251779
eMail: DrSimon@azure.com