Re: Gasket replacement

To: jblair@exis.net, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gasket replacement
From: Oddcarnut@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 21:14:19 EST
John wrote:

>This stuff is put out by Loctite, called "gasket eliminator" 518 sealant.
>I tried a couple of auto parts stores and finally found it at a Car Quest.
>However, the first Car Quest I went to, didn't stock it.  He checked his
>computer and told me about another store that carried it.

Loctite gasket eliminator is good stuff.  I first discovered it while
rebuilding my Jensen Healey Lotus 907 engine.  It used a version of the gasket
eliminator for cam tower gaskets.  Since then I've always kept some around.
If you can't get it from a local parts house try Grainger.  They stock it, I
think it is the 515 version, as well as other Loctite products.

Happy sealing.

Ken Payne,  63 +4, 61 Mini, 65 Saab, ?? Lotish, ??? Jabro Mk1