Re:Boxing Day Texas Morgan Time

To: vandergraaft@aecl.ca
Subject: Re:Boxing Day Texas Morgan Time
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:06:32 -0600
Chuck,
For non Texas Morgan owners it probably is the day after Christmas.  In
the seventies when we at TexMog (MMCC) had decided to have a Christmas
Party no one could come up with a date  in the later part of December
that was free.  Since most people were always late to club events
(operating on Morgan time) I think that the Podimers, Glovers or Noguriea
decided that in January after the Orthodox Christmas would be more
convenient.  Club elections being in February, when nothing is planned,
in hopes of rain or some other weather related catastrophe, might cause
us to locate our tops (hoods), became a more attractive time for Boxing
Day.  Through the years, noticing the amount of time it takes for
maintenance and restoration of our cars this seems almost lighting like
in comparison.  Perhaps in keeping with  our normal schedule in Texas we
should delay Boxing Day until July.  Besides, living in Texas, makes
almost everyday Christmas or a festival of lights.  We certainly invite
everyone to celebrate Boxing Day with TexMog, the last Sunday of February
(which this year is also Washington's birthday)  FYI: March 2 is Texas
Independence Day and March 6 is the anniversary of the fall of the Alamo
.
Chuck Harris
Not procrastinating , much, in Texas
On Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:30:53 -0500 "Vandergraaf, Chuck"
<vandergraaft@aecl.ca> writes:
>Chuck,
>
>Huh? I always thought Boxing Day was the day after Christmas.
>

>Chuck Vandergraaf
>'52 +4, P.2473/V.345.ME
>'85 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo
>'86 MR2
>Pinawa, Manitoba, R0E 1L0
>Canada
>vandergraaft@aecl.ca

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]