Mog days and eek

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net, KentS35681@aol.com
Subject: Mog days and eek
From: Oddcarnut@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 20:04:37 EST
Yesterday was one of those really good days.  A nice brisk, open air run to
school to drop off Becca.  The safety patrol kids running to see who got to
let her out, then the winner leaping about as the big prize winner.  We won't
hold it against him that he called NOTAKIT a horse when I told him it was a
Morgan!  Then a blast thru the country to the proving ground to spend a day
flogging a Viper GTS.  Wrap it up with a nice drive home and temps near 60!
:-)

Then to top it off I get home today and Jackson has been bugging Mom about a
Morgan ride all day.  What's a dad supposed to do?  Why a nice after dinner
cruise with the kids!

All of this leads to my tech question....  while flogging the beast I've
started hearing a eek, eek from the left rear when cornering to the right.
The wheel is tight (disc).  Are these steel wheels prone to cracking?  Any
other things that might be the source of this noise????  Also I'm still having
a strange, periodic vibration.  The trans mounts were shot & allowing the
trans to rub the crossmember.  I fixed that and hoped it had cured the
vibration.  No such luck.  It becomes apparent at 50 -60 mph.  It is stronger
while under torque but it is still there with the clutch disengaged and the
gearbox in neutral.  I can drive a few miles or many miles before it starts
and often just a hard decel/accel will make it go away( or come back).  I had
previously replaced the u-joints and fixed the sliding yoke, neither change
this animal.  I haven't seen anything else obviously wrong.  Anyone have an
idea or experienced a similar problem???

TIA

Cheers,

Ken Payne
63 Plus 4 4seater 5252

P.S. Being a bit of a tire nerd, I'm curious what others have for Moggie
shoes??  Arlo, what does the +8 wear during your winter trips???