RE: Old Cars Weekly Auction

To: "'Charles A Harris'" <harris_simmons@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Old Cars Weekly Auction
From: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserman@actsnet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 05:33:52 -0500
Chuck:

As I recall from my show days with the Mercedes Benz club (that's the tree
pointed star not the five pointed one) the scale is as follows:

1 - Concours (Pebble Beach)
2 - Restored but drivable
3 - Every day transport
4 - Drivable but needing restoration
5 - Unsafe

There used to be a saying "That a one was fun, but a three will set you
free."  Meaning that you became a slave to cars that were concours, but if
you wanted to enjoy it you needed a three.

Personally, I have always aimed for the two.  Scarlet is a two. She can go
to a show and hold her own.  She will place, but not first.  I can also
drive her to San Antonio from Houston and not feel bad either.

Steve Bauserman
67 Morgan 4/4 (Scarlet)
83 Mercedes 300SD
96 Cherokee Country