Racing Vintage Morgans

To: <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Racing Vintage Morgans
From: "Graeme Sutherland" <graeme@pixelfusion.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:50:53 +0100
    I'm interested in getting involved in the historic racing scene, and
have been tempted to use a Morgan ever since I heard the story of Chris
Lawrence's success at Le Mans. I've seen a few postings about racing from
participants, and was wondering whether you'd be willing to share your
thoughts.

    In particular, I'd like to know what the trade-offs in terms of handling
and speed are between the 4/4, Plus Four and Plus Eight (from the '60s);
what is the cabin space like in these cars (I'm 6'3", and expect it to be
cramped!); How easy are they to work on? (I'm sure that the bolt-together
chassis helps!); and are they competitive with their contempories?

    Oh yes, and does anyone know of a cheap Plus Four Supersports? :)

    Thanks,

        Graeme