Re: One Shot wonders

To: "Kit Hildreth" <krisbox@hotmail.com>, <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: One Shot wonders
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:14:10 -0800
At The Engine Room we have developed a kingpin process that will last for
over 100,000 miles without any rebuilding or  replacement of parts so long
as the grease fittings installed by the factory are lubed at least every
1,500 miles. On my own +4, the original kingpins and bushes were worn out by
16,000 miles from new.  They were replaced by our improved, hardchromed and
centerless ground kingpins and  bushings.  Two years ago, at about 105,000
miles, I replaced the bushings.  The kingpins whjowed no signs of wear!
The bushings were just slightly worn.  I drive my car VERY hard.  There were
50 odd race weekends on racing tires plus 85,000 miles of hard street
driving on these parts.  Its a do it once and forget it job!

Regards, Greg   Solow