RE: kingpins

To: "L.D. McLaughlin, Jr." <ldmcjr@zebra.net>
Subject: RE: kingpins
From: "Vodden, Dave" <dave.vodden@Telematics.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:38:00 -0500
Check it as though you were checking the front wheel bearings.  Stand
the car on a solid set of axle stands.  Grasp the top and bottom of the
wheel and force it in and out at the top and bottom.  You should hardly
be able to move it at all.   If there is too much free play at the wheel
rims ( 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch) and the wheel bearing adjustment is OK the
kingpins are probably done for.

BTW I get  Tony Howard to check mine as I don't trust my judgement.

Dave Vodden
1992 Plus 4 4 Seater (18000 miles into second set of kingpins)
Hampshire UK