RE: Questions?

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: RE: Questions?
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 01:33:05 -0500
Bob,

 Cars with 16" centre-lock alloys or 16" wire wheels are, by necessity,
a couple of inches wider than Plus 8's with 15" alloys. (There is also a
Works option for a wide-body 4/4.) Have a look at Peter Morgan's latest
4.6 with 16" alloys in the Photo Gallery of the new MSCC web site at
 http://www.itmc.net/mscc/index.htm  and you may be able to get a
better idea. Also the photo of the Luxembourg members' cars at HalMog
may help. The yellow car has 16's and the red and green have 15's.
The photo of the "30 Years of Plus 8" is a little small to give a good
perspective, but the yellow car in the foreground is a 1968, and the
car to the left is a 16" alloys 1997. The yellow car is not much wider
than the 1968 Plus 4's, whereas a 1980 car looks to be nearly as wide
as the current 15" alloys silver blue car across the Dispatch Bay
from Peter Morgan's 4.6 in the other photo.

 A full spec. Plus 8 in the U.K. is upwards of 35,000 BRP, even without
air-bags and V.A.T. @ 17.5%. So the U.S. price "on the road" isn't
all that much different, although the NAS cars have a rear fuel tank
protection structure, reinforced rear wheel arches, side door impact
beams, and front and rear bumper mounting structures bolted to the
top of the chassis into which are attached BMW bumper shocks
supplied to Cantab and Isis by the Works.

Willie