Re: Crackle black finish

To: deemi@juno.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crackle black finish
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:19:03 -0500
Crinkle paint is the stuff to use. I think I bought mine from Moss. One
can's easily enough for two dash panels. I gave the rest of my can to a
fellow 3/4 Group member. You spray on three fairly thick coats one right
after the other and then go at it with a hair dryer or a heat lamp. E
Voila! Crinkle!

I think Fred Sisson might have found some in an electronics supply house.
It was once commonly used on component racks and tool boxes and the like.
The crinkle finish takes a gloss surface and breaks it up so it's not so
reflective.

While you have all the switches out of the dash panel, it might be a good
time to think about making up a new panel and replacing all those finger
impalers and knuckle nickers with some rocker switches. Non-original to be
sure, but a heck of a good safety improvement.

Jerry Murphy
'67 +4 #6676, with all its original toggle switches.