Re: Preflighting/ getting in & out

To: Jeff Webster <carfindr@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: Preflighting/ getting in & out
From: Robert Carl Ensfield <rcensfield@voyager.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 17:29:52 -0700
Jeff Webster wrote:

> Two thoughts,
> Firstly, what was the original factory tool kit comprised of?
> Secondly, has someone figured out the 'best' way to get in and out of a
> Morgan? Does one go leg first or bum first? As a new Morgan (roadster) owner
> I still haven't managed to do it gracefully - I kinda find that if I put my
> leg in first and slide it under the steering wheel - then follow with the
> rest of my body - it's not too bad, but then getting out is all legs and
> feet! Makes me wish Morgans came with one of those quick removal racing car
> steering wheels.
>
> Jeff

Jeff....

      Several years ago on a BBC comedy program on cable, they showed a
seventy-something British gentleman wooing his girlfriend at a
retirement home.  He was standing next to his SeriesI flat-rad, next to
the driver's side, facing the rear of the car....

       When he was finished talking to her, he put his weight on his
right hand,which was resting on the closed driver's door, jumped in the
air, did a 180 degree spin in the air, landing in the driver's seat, and
drove off into the sunset!

        Looked impressive.. but I could never duplicate it.

                                             Bob Ensfield