Re: Engine/model yr?

To: Harry Granito <hgranito@umich.edu>
Subject: Re: Engine/model yr?
From: Bob Tescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 09:35:05 -0400
Harry Granito wrote:

> Please help. I purchased what I believe to be a 1960 +4. it has a serial
> # of 4498. Is it a '60? The reeason I ask is that I know the engine is
> not a 1960. It has a serial # on the block of CT4815E.
>  Would this be a 1962 TR-4?  The car was totally rebuilt in 1980 so the
>engine may have been swapped.  Thanks group.

Hello Harry:
Engine # does sound like an early TR4, with CT prefix. Without an ME
suffix, it is an engine that was not originally sold in a Morgan. An
engine original to the car would have had an engine # starting with TS.
With your chassis #, the Morgan factory can provide the exact engine,
gearbox and axle numbers as delivered, and to whom the car was
delivered.

It is always engoyable, though sometimes frustrating, to trace the
lineage and history of your car. Good luck.

Bob Tescione
mogman@rpa.net
Western NY Morgan Owners Group