Re: Where...? Wanting to drive, soon!

To: Jane & Elton Wright <delicate@rev.net>,
Subject: Re: Where...? Wanting to drive, soon!
From: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 18:21:03 -0700
I doubt if you want to wait very long but a couple of years ago I got
a quote from the factory for a full leather interior (cut and sewn but
obviously not fitted) for my 1962 4 seater for 1600 pounds!  Not a bad
deal considering the cost of leather and the cost of custom fitting.
If you ordered one it might be Christmas before it would be delivered
however.

I recently had my '68 front seats (bottoms and backs - another 4
seater) re-upholstered and it took one hide to do the total of both
pads and both backs.  I can imagine the rear seat bench and back
taking most of another hide and the side panels taking about half a
hide (unless the layout of pieces can be done 'just right').  I spent
~$300 for the hide I bought (via the upholsterer).

--
"Entropy Happens!"
Michael D. Miles, PE  Consulting Design Engineer