Morgan for sale down under

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Morgan for sale down under
From: Steve Moore <steve.moore@tag.csiro.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:17:53 +1000
An imminant move to Canada is forcing me to sell my 1973 4/4 after a very
rewarding 13 year relationship. The car was purchased second hand in the UK
from White's in Canfield. I have diven it the length of Britain as well as
covering about half the length of the east coast of Australia. The car has
been campaigned in club sprints and hillclimbs over the last few years but
offers a relaible means of transport otherwise (I drive it to work daily).
The shipping costs to North America are just too expensive to warrant
taking the car with me but I hope to find a Mog once I'm there.. If anyone
is interested the details are:

1973 Morgan 4/4
Blue with red wire wheels (new rear hubs)
Aluminium body, bonnet and rear wings
Sound wood throughout
Absolutely no rust, chassis strengthened under rear axle
New leather seats (bench type with blow up cushions)
Fully balanced 1700cc engine with twin 40 DCOE Webers and lightened flywheel,
84 HP at the rear wheels (10,000 miles since rebuild)
Port and polished head with big valves
Oil cooler
Spare (original) block with balanced flywheel and crank shaft and new set
of pistons (needs reboring to fit new pistons)
Stainless steel headers and muffler
Electronic ignition
Telescopic rear suspension with panhard and radial rods
Hard chromed kingpins
185x15 Continental Tyres
Gemma steering box
Radio/cassette

The car is by no means a show car but all the mechanical and structural
details have had the proper attention.

Offers in the region of $38,000 AUS considered.

Cheers

Steve Moore

Stephen S. Moore
Principal Research Scientist
Beef CRC Molecular Genetics Sub Program Leader
CSIRO, Tropical Agriculture
Molecular Animal Genetics Centre
Level 3, Gehrmann Laboratories, Research Road
University of Queensland, St. Lucia, 4072

ph 61 7 3214 2476
fax 61 7 3214 2480